Resources for Police Departments & Law Enforcement Agencies
With today’s increasingly complex training requirements, many PD’s and law enforcement agencies are upgrading or replacing their shooting ranges. Here are links to some useful resources.
From the International Association of Chiefs of Police (IACP) –
· Planning, Designing, and Constructing Police Facilities – a three-day course.
· Police Facilities Planning Guidelines – a handbook with accompanying case studies.
New materials under development – Look for additional content specific to shooting ranges coming soon from IACP.
From Clark Nexsen, a leading architecture firm –
· Modern Law Enforcement Firearms Training Range Development Seminar -- Instructors take over a client's range and do a 1/2-day presentation for range masters as well as police chiefs/sheriffs from various agencies. Class size is 20 or more from 5 to 8 jurisdictions. The idea is to help people ask the right questions upfront. This event is held periodically at various client locations.
· Public Safety Blog – Articles on topics of interest, including a 35-minute podcast featuring Carey’s own Bill Provencher.
From Carey’s Range Ventilation –
· See our NEW Answer Book, The Tactical Training Book. Printed copies available on request.